Stephen King movies

Hearts in Atlantis
   A coming of age movie with a bit of precog thrown in.  Bobby meets a new tenant who goes into trances and knows things he shouldn't.  The tenant hires Bobby to keep an eye out for strange men and odd flyers pasted on things. 
    I went in expecting something really paranormal.  It's pretty understated though.  Even though the men are looking for Mr. Brautigan because they want him to use his powers working for them, that's the only real part they play in this.  It's mostly a coming of age and a friendship between Bobby and Mr. Brautigan. 
    Even though it had Anton Yelchin and Anthony Hopkins, I just didn't care for this.  Maybe because I was expecting something else.  It was a good movie, as the coming of age and friendship.  The acting was superb.  I just wasn't interested in that type at that time.  Ooops.  I'd advise you to see it to make your own judgement.  Like I said, I was prejudiced.
   

No comments: