July 28, 2010

Well, here I am.  Again.  I'm trying to get my act together and decide what I want this blog to be about.  I love books and movies.  I used to prefer books, but as my eyes get worse the movies are starting to look better!  So I'm going to try to do book and movie summaries on Shvoong, and reviews here. 

Yes, I'm trying to make money from these reviews.  But I'm also trying to steer people away from bad stuff and let them know what's good.  Just like I'd like people to do for me.  I hate buying a movie, then getting stuck with a stinker.  Even renting can hurt, especially if the fast forward button doesn't work!  Or there are no subtitles, so you have to watch the whole thing just to find out what happens.  Those are painful.  And I've had enough of them.

No one will agree with all my choices, just like I won't agree with everyone else's.  But we might be able to find out which movies to rent and not have to suffer through the horrid ones.  Unless you want to bring a bunch of people to see it, and then point out all the flaws while eating (and possibly throwing) popcorn.  Those can be fun.  It's about the only worthwhile use of bad movies.

No comments: